Friday, February 8, 2013

National Geographic Post

 I really enjoy this picture because of how well the colors contrast, and how the blue catches the eye. The eye is immediately drawn to the icy blue colored lake because of the setting. It wouldn't have caught the eye if the rest of the setting, and the background, was colorful as well. The background is dark, sad,and empty; but the lake being in the middle represents the brightness in life. It shows that not everything in life is bad, that there is good. And I really like that about this photo. The photo is very intriguing to me because of not only the colors but because of the emotions that arise when I see it. When I look at this picture it makes me feel peaceful and captivated, like I need to dive into it. To be surrounded my the icy blue water. To be surrounded by its beauty.


8 comments:

  1. I adore the vibrant blue with the dark grey background! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how the blue pops out when surrounded by grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all the surroundings are dark and then the water is so bright! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the darkness of the picture and the blue just stands out so much its crazy! great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water reminds me of the last bit of life left in a desolate world. It has an end of the world feeling. I think the darkness surrounding the pool urges that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the contrast of the water the the ground. And the steam gives the picture a cool creepy look to it. The black mountains in the back give it a ominous look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is hypnotizing, every time i look at it i get stuck looking at the crystal blue water. its like the only shimmer of color in a land of gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Really Like This Picture Because There Is Not That Much Color But Just The center The Blue Caught My Attention. And HOw ITs Maybe In The Middle Of No Where.

    ReplyDelete